Set in the beautiful atmosphere of the Oakwood House on Lake Banook, sessions, classes, and modules will be offered to:
– support, assist, discover and develop ourselves through teachings, practices, dialogues and exercises in the interest and pursuit of self-understanding and growth.
– deepen our knowledge, practice, and experience of the plentiful gifts that yoga has to offer.
– give us teaching communication skills and tools that can be used professionally with confidence by the end of the program.
This 200 hour YYTT program will be offering Yoga from the Heart of Understanding and true to the fullness of the tradition. Upon graduation, participants will receive a certificate as a Certified Yoga Instructor fulfilling and exceeding the standards set by Yoga Alliance.
The syllabus and itinerary will be posted here shortly showing the various courses and modules, and their dates and times, as well as how many hours per module will be offered.
In brief, there will be three main tracks:
- Practice – the practice of Hatha, Pranayama, and Raja Yoga, as well as specialty practices will be explored.
- Study – comprehensive courses on Anatomy, Teaching Methodology and Training, Nutrition, Lifestyle, and Ethics, as well as specialty courses will be offered such as Mandala Drawing, Chanting, the Chakra system, and much more.
- Contemplative – focusing on Yoga philosophy, history, spirituality, and meditation, yoga is a system of self-verification. The contemplative track will be open ended and driven by the participants own interest. Yoga is not a belief system, but an investigative system towards greater Self-understanding, and ultimately realization and enlightenment. The contemplative track will unfold uniquely for each participant depending on their own interest and exploration.
Existing Yoga teachers and experienced practitioners are invited to apply for certain specialty modules of the training to upgrade or add to their existing certificates. Please revisit soon for more information.
Thank you for your interest in this exciting program.
To download an application, click here: yytt application